First lady to launch 'Let's Move' tour in 3 states
WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama is launching a three-state tour to promote her anti-childhood obesity program, "Let's Move."
Mrs. Obama will make stops next week in Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri. The tour is tied to the third anniversary of the "Let's Move" program.
The White House says the first lady will highlight the program's impact on making school lunches healthier and getting companies like Wal-Mart to make healthier food more affordable. She is also expected to announce new steps for bringing physical activity back to schools.
Ahead of her tour, Mrs. Obama will promote her initiatives in a series of interviews, including a segment on NBC's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and ABC's "Good Morning America."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.