First lady to launch 'Let's Move' tour in 3 states
WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama is launching a three-state tour to promote her anti-childhood obesity program, "Let's Move."
Mrs. Obama will make stops next week in Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri. The tour is tied to the third anniversary of the "Let's Move" program.
The White House says the first lady will highlight the program's impact on making school lunches healthier and getting companies like Wal-Mart to make healthier food more affordable. She is also expected to announce new steps for bringing physical activity back to schools.
Ahead of her tour, Mrs. Obama will promote her initiatives in a series of interviews, including a segment on NBC's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and ABC's "Good Morning America."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Taylor Kelly, D.J. Foster and Jaelen Strong named best offensive 'triplet' in the Pac-12
- Four-star DT Dalvon Stuckey not enrolling at ASU because of academics
- Adam Archuleta: ASU's Taylor Kelly not elite, but a 'baller'
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?