David Gregory re-ups as 'Meet the Press' host
NEW YORK (AP) - David Gregory has re-upped as host of "Meet the Press."
NBC News shared no details, but described the new deal as "a long-term commitment."
"What a great vote of confidence from NBC," a pleased-looking Gregory said Thursday. He said his first four years in the moderator's chair have passed quickly.
"In some ways, it feels like we're just getting started," he said.
The 42-year-old Gregory began as host of the Sunday morning public-affairs program in December 2008, succeeding the late Tim Russert.
Before that, he was Chief White House correspondent during the presidency of George W. Bush. He joined NBC News in 1995.
Gregory is only the 10th permanent host of "Meet the Press," which premiered in 1947 and continues as the longest-running program on network television.
Looking beyond the new contract, Gregory said he planned to be hosting the program "for as long as they'll let me."
"I can't think of a better platform to have for doing what I love to do- the interviews- and as an outlet for my curiosity," he said. "I think this is an impactful, influential program, and I love being associated with it."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.