Scranton TV station snubs `Dunder Mifflin' ad
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - A northeastern Pennsylvania TV station is refusing to run a commercial for the real-life Dunder Mifflin paper brand.
Quill.com produces a line of paper products inspired by the fictional company at the center of "The Office," the long-running NBC comedy set in Scranton.
Quill had planned to run an ad on WNEP-TV, the ABC affiliate, during this Sunday's Oscars telecast. But WNEP declined to air the spot.
Paul Bessinger works for Lincolnshire, Ill.-based Quill, a division of Staples. He tells The Times-Tribune of Scranton ( http://bit.ly/YhwSUt) the spot was apparently declined because "The Office" airs on a rival network.
Michael Last at WNEP declined to comment.
The ad will air instead on another ABC affiliate, in Utica, N.Y. Like Scranton, Utica is home to a Dunder Mifflin branch on "The Office."
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.