Scranton TV station snubs `Dunder Mifflin' ad
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - A northeastern Pennsylvania TV station is refusing to run a commercial for the real-life Dunder Mifflin paper brand.
Quill.com produces a line of paper products inspired by the fictional company at the center of "The Office," the long-running NBC comedy set in Scranton.
Quill had planned to run an ad on WNEP-TV, the ABC affiliate, during this Sunday's Oscars telecast. But WNEP declined to air the spot.
Paul Bessinger works for Lincolnshire, Ill.-based Quill, a division of Staples. He tells The Times-Tribune of Scranton ( http://bit.ly/YhwSUt) the spot was apparently declined because "The Office" airs on a rival network.
Michael Last at WNEP declined to comment.
The ad will air instead on another ABC affiliate, in Utica, N.Y. Like Scranton, Utica is home to a Dunder Mifflin branch on "The Office."
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!