15 weapons taken from shop on 'American Guns' show
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. (AP) - Police in suburban Denver say 12 handguns and three rifles were taken from the gun shop featured on Discovery Channel's "American Guns."
Wheat Ridge police had said earlier this week that they didn't have an immediate tally of what was taken during a break-in at the Gunsmoke Gun Shop early Wednesday. They said Friday that no assault weapons were stolen.
Police were alerted to the break-in by a silent alarm and found a burglar or burglars had entered the shop through a hole in the roof.
A witness across the street reported seeing a silver two-door car leaving the gun shop's parking lot, but investigators say they need more help from the public to solve the case.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?