15 weapons taken from shop on 'American Guns' show
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. (AP) - Police in suburban Denver say 12 handguns and three rifles were taken from the gun shop featured on Discovery Channel's "American Guns."
Wheat Ridge police had said earlier this week that they didn't have an immediate tally of what was taken during a break-in at the Gunsmoke Gun Shop early Wednesday. They said Friday that no assault weapons were stolen.
Police were alerted to the break-in by a silent alarm and found a burglar or burglars had entered the shop through a hole in the roof.
A witness across the street reported seeing a silver two-door car leaving the gun shop's parking lot, but investigators say they need more help from the public to solve the case.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.