Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:02 pm
Arizona State unveils new 'Sparky'
In a press conference Friday, the school unveiled a new 'Sparky'.
According to the school, the newly designed mascot will be used in a variety of applications and is meant to appeal to a younger audience. A press release states you can expect to see the new Sparky in comic books, children's books and animated productions.
The new-look Sparky will make his first athletic appearence at ASU's spring football game in April.
The "old" Sparky is not being replaced, however, as the university will continue to use it on merchandise and in other areas.
The design was a collaborative effort between the school and Disney.
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.