Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:02 pm
Arizona State unveils new 'Sparky'
In a press conference Friday, the school unveiled a new 'Sparky'.
According to the school, the newly designed mascot will be used in a variety of applications and is meant to appeal to a younger audience. A press release states you can expect to see the new Sparky in comic books, children's books and animated productions.
The new-look Sparky will make his first athletic appearence at ASU's spring football game in April.
The "old" Sparky is not being replaced, however, as the university will continue to use it on merchandise and in other areas.
The design was a collaborative effort between the school and Disney.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition