Updated Mar 1, 2013 - 4:02 pm
Arizona State unveils new 'Sparky'
In a press conference Friday, the school unveiled a new 'Sparky'.
According to the school, the newly designed mascot will be used in a variety of applications and is meant to appeal to a younger audience. A press release states you can expect to see the new Sparky in comic books, children's books and animated productions.
The new-look Sparky will make his first athletic appearence at ASU's spring football game in April.
The "old" Sparky is not being replaced, however, as the university will continue to use it on merchandise and in other areas.
The design was a collaborative effort between the school and Disney.
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.