Odor prompts United flight to divert to Ohio
CLEVELAND (AP) - A United Airlines flight from New York to Los Angeles has been diverted to Cleveland because of an electrical smell, causing a celebrity passenger to tweet that perhaps she should be on the comedy "Hot in Cleveland."
WEWS-TV reports (bit.ly/ZeLRfW) that "Body of Proof" star Dana Delany was on Flight 132 from Kennedy International Airport Sunday when someone reported a smell coming from a cabin. The plane was diverted to Cleveland at about 5:45 p.m., where airport officials said maintenance workers checked the aircraft but did not find anything.
Delany tweeted about the incident saying, "Maybe being stranded in Cleveland is a sign that I should be on (at)hotnclevelandtv. (at)bettymwhite where are you?" and "Emergency landing on (at)United in Cleveland. Who's couch can I crash on?!?"
There were no injuries. It wasn't immediately known when the plane took off again.
Information from: WEWS-TV, http://www.newsnet5.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.