'Homeland' writer-producer Bromell dies at 65
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Henry Bromell, an Emmy Award-winning executive producer for the TV series "Homeland," has died, a representative said Tuesday. He was 65.
Bromell died Monday at a Los Angeles area hospital, Peter Benedek, his longtime agent and friend, said Tuesday.
The cause of death could not be confirmed.
Last year, Bromell shared in Emmy and Golden Globe best-drama awards for Showtime's "Homeland." In 1992, he won a Humanitas Prize, given to work that meaningfully explores the human condition, for the TV drama "I'll Fly Away."
Bromell was "an immensely talented and prolific" writer and producer, Showtime said in a statement. His other TV credits included "Northern Exposure," "Chicago Hope," "Rubicon" and "Brotherhood."
"Henry was a profoundly decent and generous man. A great writer and a great friend," "Homeland" executive producers Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon said in a statement. "Everybody here at `Homeland' is grieving, and we will miss him beyond words."
He is survived by his wife, Sarah, and sons William and Jake, Benedek said.
Funeral plans were not immediately announced.
Lynn Elber can be reached at lelber(at)ap.org and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/lynnelber
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!