HBO ending 'Enlightened' after 2 seasons
LOS ANGELES (AP) - HBO says the Laura Dern series "Enlightened" isn't coming back for a third season.
In a statement Tuesday, the premium cable channel said it was proud of the show, and called canceling it a "very difficult decision."
"Enlightened," created by Dern and her co-star Mike White, was critically acclaimed but low-rated.
Last year, Dern won a Golden Globe for best TV comedy actress for her role as a manic-depressive who becomes an activist. The "Enlightened" cast also included Diane Ladd and Luke Wilson
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.