Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 11:28 pm
Report: Pitt RB Rushel Shell potentially transferring -- ASU a potential fit?
The website said Shell was looking to take his talents to either California or Arizona. Based on one concrete connection, that latter location makes a lot more sense.
Another source we spoke to last night, spoke to Shell's family and said that Arizona State could possibly be the program to land Shell. As we all know Arizona State is coached by former Pitt Head Coach Todd Graham. Graham was the coach that recruited Shell to Pitt so this might not come as a surprise that ASU is a top potential team. Shell also stated that teams like USC, UCLA, California and Arizona are also in the mix the land the highly touted running back.
During his first year at Pitt, Shell ran for 641 yards and four touchdowns and helped the Panthers make an appearance in the BBVA Compass Bowl.
While FinestPreps.com reported that Shell was set to meet with Chryst Wednesday, ASU cornerback Damarious Randall, a JUCO transfer, seems to think the running back has already chosen his next school.
Regardless of the rumor, ASU heads into 2013 with plenty of firepower in the backfield. Two of the Sun Devils' top rushers from a season ago -- Marion Grice and DJ Foster -- are set to return.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.