Rep: Glee's Monteith heads to rehab
NEW YORK (AP) - "Glee" star Cory Monteith is heading to rehab.
In a statement, Monteith's rep confirmed Sunday night that the actor has "voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction.
"He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
People first reported the news on its website.
This is not the 30-year-old's first time in rehab. He got treatment when he was 19 and previously has spoken about his addiction struggles, saying he had a serious problem and took just "anything and everything."
He told Parade in 2011 that he was "lucky to be alive."
Monteith stars as Finn Hudson on the Fox show. He dates his co-star, Lea Michele. She told People that she loves and supports Monteith and is proud he's going to rehab.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.