GSN developing church-based dating show
NEW YORK (AP) - The GSN television network is looking to build on the success of "The American Bible Challenge" with a church-based dating show.
"The American Bible Challenge," which just began its second season, is a runaway hit for the game show-focused cable network. Jeff Foxworthy is host of the show, which quizzes contestants on their Biblical knowledge. The show gets more than twice the viewers than anything else on the network.
GSN is developing "It Takes a Church," where church parishioners compete to find a love interest for a single member of the congregation. GSN programming chief Amy Introcase-Davis said Tuesday that no air date has been set for the new show.
Gospel superstar Kirk Franklin has recently joined "The American Bible Challenge" as its musical director.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.