GSN developing church-based dating show
NEW YORK (AP) - The GSN television network is looking to build on the success of "The American Bible Challenge" with a church-based dating show.
"The American Bible Challenge," which just began its second season, is a runaway hit for the game show-focused cable network. Jeff Foxworthy is host of the show, which quizzes contestants on their Biblical knowledge. The show gets more than twice the viewers than anything else on the network.
GSN is developing "It Takes a Church," where church parishioners compete to find a love interest for a single member of the congregation. GSN programming chief Amy Introcase-Davis said Tuesday that no air date has been set for the new show.
Gospel superstar Kirk Franklin has recently joined "The American Bible Challenge" as its musical director.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Taylor Kelly, DJ Foster and Jaelen Strong named best offensive 'triplet' in the Pac-12
- Four-star DT Dalvon Stuckey not enrolling at ASU because of academics
- Adam Archuleta: ASU's Taylor Kelly not elite, but a 'baller'
- ASU's Taylor Kelly lands on Davey O'Brien Award watch list
- Taylor Kelly honored for service to Valley community
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?