WWE wrestler Swagger to stand trial on DUI charge
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - Professional wrestler Jack Swagger is scheduled for a June 25 trial in Mississippi on a charge of driving under the influence.
The 30-year-old Swagger's real name is Donald Jacob "Jake" Hager Jr. He was arrested just before midnight Feb. 19 in Gulfport after completing taping the TV show "WWE SmackDown" in Biloxi at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
City prosecutor Kirk Clark tells The Sun Herald ( http://bit.ly/14c004J) that he always recommends the maximum sentence of two days in jail for first-time offenders and completion of victim-impact classes.
Swagger's charges carry fines of $437 for possession of marijuana, $188 for driving 10 mph over the speed limit and $1,300 for driving impaired on a first DUI offense. The charges are misdemeanors.
Swagger lives in Boca Raton, Fla.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.