Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 4:54 pm
Todd Graham: Worst coach in the Pac-12?
Oh, did I mention that the Sun Devils were the most-penalized team in all of college football that season?
Enter Todd Graham, who took over as head coach in December of 2011, and in one season, led the Devils to an 8-5 record, their first bowl win since 2005 and transformed them into the least-penalized team in the Pac-12.
Pretty impressive, right?
Not in the eyes of Sporting News writer Matt Hayes, who ranked the coaches of the Pac-12 -- and has Graham dead last in the poll.
The coaching nomad held it together last season after a quick start dissolved into ugly, weekly losses. No matter what you think of him after all of his job jumping, there's no denying that Graham wins everywhere he goes.
Something smells like a contradiction. Oh wait, it's Hayes' write-up on Graham.
How can a coach rank 12th out of 12 when he "wins wherever he goes?"
Incidentally, Athlon Sports ranked all 125 FBS coaches in an article last week, and Graham ranked 29th in the nation and fourth in the Pac-12.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.