Ohio zoo's baby monkey named for CBS TV character
POWELL, Ohio (AP) - The Columbus Zoo's recent additions include a monkey named after a quirky scientist character on the CBS comedy "The Big Bang Theory."
The colobus monkey named Dr. Sheldon Cooper was born March 3. A spokeswoman says zoo staff pick names based on themes, and they made the TV show the latest one because they're fans.
She says keepers joke it's too soon to tell whether the monkey will live up to his namesake's brilliance.
It was the first of four recent births for the zoo's African forest exhibits.
Two red river hogs were born April 12. The month began with the birth of a black duiker (DEYE'-kur), which is a four-legged, forest-dwelling animal. It is part of the antelope family and is found in parts of Africa.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Todd Graham - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.