Updated May 8, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Arizona State reveals new Sparky
It puts an end to a saga that began on March 1, when the school unveiled a redesigned Sparky, much to the dismay of many students, fans and alumni.
So, less than three weeks later the school decided to scrap the design and instead give the power to those who were upset. Students, alumni, season ticket holders, donors, faculty and staff were eligible to vote for one of four options starting April 22. The voting ended May 5.
Several students weighed in about the new, new Sparky on Wednesday.
"It looks pretty intimidating, said Kelly Chase. "I think it's a good thing for a mascot."
"It's better than the first redesign," said Andy Francis. "The first redesign was horrible."
"That is a kick-butt looking Sun Devil," said Mary Anderson. "I really like it."
Other people aren't so sure. One girl said the new Sparky looks kind of like a Bumble Bee.
KTAR's Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.