Updated May 8, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Arizona State reveals new Sparky
It puts an end to a saga that began on March 1, when the school unveiled a redesigned Sparky, much to the dismay of many students, fans and alumni.
So, less than three weeks later the school decided to scrap the design and instead give the power to those who were upset. Students, alumni, season ticket holders, donors, faculty and staff were eligible to vote for one of four options starting April 22. The voting ended May 5.
Several students weighed in about the new, new Sparky on Wednesday.
"It looks pretty intimidating, said Kelly Chase. "I think it's a good thing for a mascot."
"It's better than the first redesign," said Andy Francis. "The first redesign was horrible."
"That is a kick-butt looking Sun Devil," said Mary Anderson. "I really like it."
Other people aren't so sure. One girl said the new Sparky looks kind of like a Bumble Bee.
KTAR's Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- No roses, just thorns: Loss to Stanford should not diminish Sun Devils' season
- Pac-12 Championship Game Live: Notes from Sun Devil Stadium
- The Pulse: Fans like ASU's chances in Pac-12 Championship, think Sun Devils will win close
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition