Updated May 8, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Arizona State reveals new Sparky
It puts an end to a saga that began on March 1, when the school unveiled a redesigned Sparky, much to the dismay of many students, fans and alumni.
So, less than three weeks later the school decided to scrap the design and instead give the power to those who were upset. Students, alumni, season ticket holders, donors, faculty and staff were eligible to vote for one of four options starting April 22. The voting ended May 5.
Several students weighed in about the new, new Sparky on Wednesday.
"It looks pretty intimidating, said Kelly Chase. "I think it's a good thing for a mascot."
"It's better than the first redesign," said Andy Francis. "The first redesign was horrible."
"That is a kick-butt looking Sun Devil," said Mary Anderson. "I really like it."
Other people aren't so sure. One girl said the new Sparky looks kind of like a Bumble Bee.
KTAR's Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.