Updated May 8, 2013 - 6:47 pm
Arizona State reveals new Sparky
It puts an end to a saga that began on March 1, when the school unveiled a redesigned Sparky, much to the dismay of many students, fans and alumni.
So, less than three weeks later the school decided to scrap the design and instead give the power to those who were upset. Students, alumni, season ticket holders, donors, faculty and staff were eligible to vote for one of four options starting April 22. The voting ended May 5.
Several students weighed in about the new, new Sparky on Wednesday.
"It looks pretty intimidating, said Kelly Chase. "I think it's a good thing for a mascot."
"It's better than the first redesign," said Andy Francis. "The first redesign was horrible."
"That is a kick-butt looking Sun Devil," said Mary Anderson. "I really like it."
Other people aren't so sure. One girl said the new Sparky looks kind of like a Bumble Bee.
KTAR's Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.