CW announces 'The 100' among its new series
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The CW is adding three new sci-fi and fantasy series to its 2013-14 schedule, along with a drama about the teenage Mary, Queen of Scots.
The network also announced Thursday that it's renewing "Nikita" and "The Carrie Diaries." The CW had previously said it's picking up "The Originals," a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries."
The new series include the drama "The 100," about 100 juvenile lawbreakers who are returned to a post-apocalyptic Earth to try to resettle it. The series is based on the Kass Moran novels and includes former "Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington in its cast.
The CW joined NBC and Fox in releasing new schedule details before their annual presentations to advertisers to be held next week in New York. The early announcements are a response to news leaks that have become commonplace.
The other new CW series for next season are:
_ "The Tomorrow People," based on a British drama about a highly evolved group of youths with special powers who unite to combat evil.
_ "Star-Crossed," a Romeo-and-Juliet romance between a human girl and an alien boy, part of a clash involving Earthlings and the alien visitors they've consigned to an internment camp.
_ "Reign," about the 15-year-old Mary, Queen of Scots, and her rise to power in the 16th-century world of enemies and sexual intrigue.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.