CW announces 'The 100' among its new series
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The CW is adding three new sci-fi and fantasy series to its 2013-14 schedule, along with a drama about the teenage Mary, Queen of Scots.
The network also announced Thursday that it's renewing "Nikita" and "The Carrie Diaries." The CW had previously said it's picking up "The Originals," a spinoff of "The Vampire Diaries."
The new series include the drama "The 100," about 100 juvenile lawbreakers who are returned to a post-apocalyptic Earth to try to resettle it. The series is based on the Kass Moran novels and includes former "Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington in its cast.
The CW joined NBC and Fox in releasing new schedule details before their annual presentations to advertisers to be held next week in New York. The early announcements are a response to news leaks that have become commonplace.
The other new CW series for next season are:
_ "The Tomorrow People," based on a British drama about a highly evolved group of youths with special powers who unite to combat evil.
_ "Star-Crossed," a Romeo-and-Juliet romance between a human girl and an alien boy, part of a clash involving Earthlings and the alien visitors they've consigned to an internment camp.
_ "Reign," about the 15-year-old Mary, Queen of Scots, and her rise to power in the 16th-century world of enemies and sexual intrigue.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.