Sarah Hyland shares her beach-bound thoughts
NEW YORK (AP) - You might not be able to take the New Yorker out of Sarah Hyland, but the actress- and now swimsuit model- is happy to be parking herself at the beach.
Hyland, of ABC's "Modern Family," lives in Los Angeles, blocks from the ocean, and she stars in the OP ad campaign.
The 22-year-old, who has done film, TV, theater and commercial work since she was a toddler, moved West when she was 18. Before that, she recalls spending many hot summer days "laying out" in Central Park, with an occasional trip to the beach at Coney Island.
She doesn't know how to surf- and it's not high on her to-do list. It would take away from her time on the sand.
Hyland shared some other beach-bound thoughts in a recent interview with The Associated Press:
AP: What's your swimsuit style?
Hyland: I like fun things. I like the fruit prints OP has come out with- pineapple and watermelon! Something I like for my body type is a bikini with fringe. When you're small-busted, it adds more to it. I like the illusion. I've always liked to cover up the top and show my legs more.
AP: What goes in your beach bag?
Hyland: Definitely a cover-up, towel, sunblock and iPod, which is really my phone. It's really minimal. I'm an overpacker for everything else, but the beach is truly a break for me.
AP: What's playing on your iPod?
Hyland: My recent stuff is Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Pink.
AP: Self-tan or suntan?
Hyland: I don't really use self-tanners. I do lay out in my backyard to get my base tan.
AP: Is your closet more New York or California?
Hyland: I've always loved California style. I like mixing and matching, which is how people dress here. Sometimes, I'm still a New Yorker, all in black, but I'll go VERY California-y ... laid-back and fun.
AP: What's your dream beach to visit?
Hyland: The beach vacation I'd like to take is Jamaica. I imagine it the ultimate laid-back place.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!