Sarah Hyland shares her beach-bound thoughts
NEW YORK (AP) - You might not be able to take the New Yorker out of Sarah Hyland, but the actress- and now swimsuit model- is happy to be parking herself at the beach.
Hyland, of ABC's "Modern Family," lives in Los Angeles, blocks from the ocean, and she stars in the OP ad campaign.
The 22-year-old, who has done film, TV, theater and commercial work since she was a toddler, moved West when she was 18. Before that, she recalls spending many hot summer days "laying out" in Central Park, with an occasional trip to the beach at Coney Island.
She doesn't know how to surf- and it's not high on her to-do list. It would take away from her time on the sand.
Hyland shared some other beach-bound thoughts in a recent interview with The Associated Press:
AP: What's your swimsuit style?
Hyland: I like fun things. I like the fruit prints OP has come out with- pineapple and watermelon! Something I like for my body type is a bikini with fringe. When you're small-busted, it adds more to it. I like the illusion. I've always liked to cover up the top and show my legs more.
AP: What goes in your beach bag?
Hyland: Definitely a cover-up, towel, sunblock and iPod, which is really my phone. It's really minimal. I'm an overpacker for everything else, but the beach is truly a break for me.
AP: What's playing on your iPod?
Hyland: My recent stuff is Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Pink.
AP: Self-tan or suntan?
Hyland: I don't really use self-tanners. I do lay out in my backyard to get my base tan.
AP: Is your closet more New York or California?
Hyland: I've always loved California style. I like mixing and matching, which is how people dress here. Sometimes, I'm still a New Yorker, all in black, but I'll go VERY California-y ... laid-back and fun.
AP: What's your dream beach to visit?
Hyland: The beach vacation I'd like to take is Jamaica. I imagine it the ultimate laid-back place.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.