Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:11 pm
ASU AD: DirecTV subscribers should look to change if they want Pac-12 Network
A deal was not -- and has not been -- reached between the two parties, meaning millions of fans are unable to watch the games and partake in the regional and specific coverage the network provides.
"If you look at it we're on four of the top five cable systems," Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "The reality is DirecTV is just playing hard ball.
"They want to pay about two-thirds of what everybody else pays -- a little less than that, actually."
The sides are still trying to work out a deal, Patterson said it's like any other company trying to sell any other product in that if you sell it for considerably less than market value, you are not likely to make much money.
"Unfortunately, DirecTV doesn't see the value in the Pac-12 Network that they see in the Big 10 Network or other networks," he added. "They don't want to play ball.
"If I was a DirecTV subscriber I'd be looking to change to Cox or Dish (Network)."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition