Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:11 pm
ASU AD: DirecTV subscribers should look to change if they want Pac-12 Network
A deal was not -- and has not been -- reached between the two parties, meaning millions of fans are unable to watch the games and partake in the regional and specific coverage the network provides.
"If you look at it we're on four of the top five cable systems," Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "The reality is DirecTV is just playing hard ball.
"They want to pay about two-thirds of what everybody else pays -- a little less than that, actually."
The sides are still trying to work out a deal, Patterson said it's like any other company trying to sell any other product in that if you sell it for considerably less than market value, you are not likely to make much money.
"Unfortunately, DirecTV doesn't see the value in the Pac-12 Network that they see in the Big 10 Network or other networks," he added. "They don't want to play ball.
"If I was a DirecTV subscriber I'd be looking to change to Cox or Dish (Network)."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.