Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 10:56 am
ASU's Will Sutton lands on Sporting News' list of top 25 college players
Matt Hayes of Sporting News has put out his list of the Top 25 college football players in the nation for 2013, and dominant Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton ranks sixth.
The best interior pass rusher in college football in more than a decade. A disruptive force against the run and pass who would get much more publicity if he played anywhere in the SEC.
Sutton finished 2012 with 13 sacks and a conference-leading 23.5 tackles for loss while being named the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a consensus All-American for an ASU squad that finished 8-5.
Sutton is one of seven Pac-12 players on the list. USC wide receiver Marqise Lee (2nd), UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr (8th), Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota (14th), Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey (20th), Oregon running back De'Anthony Thomas (22nd) and UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley (23rd) are the others.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition