Updated Jun 19, 2013 - 10:56 am
ASU's Will Sutton lands on Sporting News' list of top 25 college players
Matt Hayes of Sporting News has put out his list of the Top 25 college football players in the nation for 2013, and dominant Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton ranks sixth.
The best interior pass rusher in college football in more than a decade. A disruptive force against the run and pass who would get much more publicity if he played anywhere in the SEC.
Sutton finished 2012 with 13 sacks and a conference-leading 23.5 tackles for loss while being named the Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year and a consensus All-American for an ASU squad that finished 8-5.
Sutton is one of seven Pac-12 players on the list. USC wide receiver Marqise Lee (2nd), UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr (8th), Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota (14th), Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey (20th), Oregon running back De'Anthony Thomas (22nd) and UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley (23rd) are the others.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was