Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 6:10 pm
Arizona State lands a 14-year-old recruit
According to ASUDevils.com, 14-year-old Loren Mondy committed to come play football in Tempe.
Graham developed a history with the Mondy family when the father played for the coach in high school and at NAIA East Central University.
"I went to the Arizona State (satellite) camp at Sam Houston (State) and coach (Todd) Graham saw me and loved me and asked me if we could come down there so we did last weekend," Mondy said. "I was hoping to get offered and it happened the first day we were there. Coach was like, 'if you want to play with me I'm all with it. But if you commit with me you're going to have to talk to your family and really think about it and you can't be going to everyone else's school and camps and things.'
"So I talked with my parents and my dad's girlfriend and decided to commit to him because he's a man of his word. I'm really excited. Coach was talking about me going to that school I was getting goose bumps. I was so excited. I'm really happy about it. My dad is really happy about it too."
The 6-foot-1, 233-pounder is attending Mansfield Lake Ridge High School in Texas and will begin his freshman year of high school this fall.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.