Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 6:10 pm
Arizona State lands a 14-year-old recruit
According to ASUDevils.com, 14-year-old Loren Mondy committed to come play football in Tempe.
Graham developed a history with the Mondy family when the father played for the coach in high school and at NAIA East Central University.
"I went to the Arizona State (satellite) camp at Sam Houston (State) and coach (Todd) Graham saw me and loved me and asked me if we could come down there so we did last weekend," Mondy said. "I was hoping to get offered and it happened the first day we were there. Coach was like, 'if you want to play with me I'm all with it. But if you commit with me you're going to have to talk to your family and really think about it and you can't be going to everyone else's school and camps and things.'
"So I talked with my parents and my dad's girlfriend and decided to commit to him because he's a man of his word. I'm really excited. Coach was talking about me going to that school I was getting goose bumps. I was so excited. I'm really happy about it. My dad is really happy about it too."
The 6-foot-1, 233-pounder is attending Mansfield Lake Ridge High School in Texas and will begin his freshman year of high school this fall.
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.