Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 6:10 pm
Arizona State lands a 14-year-old recruit
According to ASUDevils.com, 14-year-old Loren Mondy committed to come play football in Tempe.
Graham developed a history with the Mondy family when the father played for the coach in high school and at NAIA East Central University.
"I went to the Arizona State (satellite) camp at Sam Houston (State) and coach (Todd) Graham saw me and loved me and asked me if we could come down there so we did last weekend," Mondy said. "I was hoping to get offered and it happened the first day we were there. Coach was like, 'if you want to play with me I'm all with it. But if you commit with me you're going to have to talk to your family and really think about it and you can't be going to everyone else's school and camps and things.'
"So I talked with my parents and my dad's girlfriend and decided to commit to him because he's a man of his word. I'm really excited. Coach was talking about me going to that school I was getting goose bumps. I was so excited. I'm really happy about it. My dad is really happy about it too."
The 6-foot-1, 233-pounder is attending Mansfield Lake Ridge High School in Texas and will begin his freshman year of high school this fall.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.