Hallmark Channel, Marie Osmond talk show parting
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Hallmark Channel and Marie Osmond are parting ways.
In a statement Tuesday, the TV channel said it won't renew Osmond's talk show, "Marie," for a second season.
The show's producer and distributor, Associated Television International, said that "Marie" was going into syndication as originally intended. A fall 2014 launch is planned, the company said.
Hallmark said it wants to go in a different direction in daytime: It's decided that so-called lifestyle shows offering how-to tips are a better option on TV and online.
The channel said it expected Osmond to find "great success" in bringing her talk show to syndication.
She'll find a competitive field, which currently includes veteran Ellen DeGeneres and newcomers Katie Couric and Steve Harvey.
New and repeat episodes of "Marie" will air on Hallmark through September.
"Marie" has drawn interest from groups and key stations and will be made available to several outlets nationwide, said Jim Romanovich, Associated Television International's president, worldwide entertainment. He did not specify the outlets.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!