Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 9:19 am
ASU's Chris Coyle on Mackey Award Watch List
With 57 catches in 2012, Coyle not only led the Sun Devils in that category, but he established a new school record for catches in a single season by a tight end. Zach Miller had 56 catches for Arizona State in 2004.
Coyle had only 6 catches for 73 yards entering the 2012 season, but eclipsed that total in ASU's second game of the year when he nabbed 10 catches for 131 yards and two touchdowns in a 45-14 win over Illinois.
The Westlake Village, Calif. product is one of seven Pac-12 players on this year's Mackey Award Watch List, joining Xavier Grimble and Randall Telfer of USC, Luke Kaumatule of Stanford, Oregon's Colt Lyerla, Jake Murphy of Utah and Austin Seferian-Jenkins of Washington.
A midseason watch list for the Mackey Award will be announced on October 14, and the trophy will be handed out December 12 during The Home Depot College Football Awards Red Carpet Show on ESPNU.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Special teams key for ASU against Stanford in Pac-12 Championship Game
- About 10K tickets remain for Pac-12 Championship
- SI's Mandel: ASU would have a 'strong case' to be part of College Football Playoff
- ESPN's Tom Luginbill: ASU's adjustments vs. Stanford run game will be key
- ESPN's Mark May: Stanford QB Hogan key to Pac-12 Championship Game
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Tuesday December 3Mandel discusses USC's coaching hire and the Pac-12 Championship game.