Arizona State's Marion Grice, D.J. Foster on Doak Walker Award Watch List
The duo combined for 2,130 yards from scrimmage and 25 touchdowns in 2012 for a Sun Devil team that went 8-5 and defeated Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
Grice, a senior from Houston, led ASU with 679 yards rushing and 19 total touchdowns last season. Grice had three 100-yard rushing games, including two to finish the year. In ASU's 41-34 win over arch-rival Arizona in Tucson, Grice had 156 yards rushing on 18 carries and scored three times and then added a career-high 159 yards on the ground and two scores in the Devils' triumph over Navy.
He was also second on the team with 41 receptions for 425 yards.
Foster, a sophomore from Scottsdale, ran for 493 yards and two touchdowns during his freshman campaign, and like Grice, proved to be a capable receiver out of the backfield. Foster had 38 catches for 533 yards and four touchdowns in 2012.
ASU is one of only nine schools in the nation to land two players on the watch list, joining Arkansas, Baylor, BYU, Georgia, Kent State, Louisville, TCU and Wisconsin.
The recipient of the 2013 Doak Walker Award will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 12.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.