Arizona State's Marion Grice, D.J. Foster on Doak Walker Award Watch List
The duo combined for 2,130 yards from scrimmage and 25 touchdowns in 2012 for a Sun Devil team that went 8-5 and defeated Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
Grice, a senior from Houston, led ASU with 679 yards rushing and 19 total touchdowns last season. Grice had three 100-yard rushing games, including two to finish the year. In ASU's 41-34 win over arch-rival Arizona in Tucson, Grice had 156 yards rushing on 18 carries and scored three times and then added a career-high 159 yards on the ground and two scores in the Devils' triumph over Navy.
He was also second on the team with 41 receptions for 425 yards.
Foster, a sophomore from Scottsdale, ran for 493 yards and two touchdowns during his freshman campaign, and like Grice, proved to be a capable receiver out of the backfield. Foster had 38 catches for 533 yards and four touchdowns in 2012.
ASU is one of only nine schools in the nation to land two players on the watch list, joining Arkansas, Baylor, BYU, Georgia, Kent State, Louisville, TCU and Wisconsin.
The recipient of the 2013 Doak Walker Award will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on Thursday, December 12.
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- No roses, just thorns: Loss to Stanford should not diminish Sun Devils' season
- Pac-12 Championship Game Live: Notes from Sun Devil Stadium
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition