Updated Jul 26, 2013 - 2:45 pm
Terminally ill 'Simpsons' co-creator to give entire fortune to charity
Simon was diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year and doctors told him he has between three and six months to live. He's just 58 years old.
"I have more money than I'm interested in spending," Simon told The Hollywood Reporter. "Everyone in my family is taken care of."
According to THR, Simon is a strong supporter of PETA, Save the Children and Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. He also started The Simon Foundation which helps feed starving people and animals. His foundation is worth $23 million.
You can read the complete Hollywood Reporter interview with Simon here.
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?