Updated Jul 26, 2013 - 2:45 pm
Terminally ill 'Simpsons' co-creator to give entire fortune to charity
Simon was diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year and doctors told him he has between three and six months to live. He's just 58 years old.
"I have more money than I'm interested in spending," Simon told The Hollywood Reporter. "Everyone in my family is taken care of."
According to THR, Simon is a strong supporter of PETA, Save the Children and Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. He also started The Simon Foundation which helps feed starving people and animals. His foundation is worth $23 million.
You can read the complete Hollywood Reporter interview with Simon here.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.