Meghan McCain gets own show on new TV network
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Meghan McCain is getting her own show on a new TV network targeting the generation of Americans known as millennials.
"Raising McCain" will debut on Pivot, a general entertainment network that launches Aug. 1. It's described as a documentary-talk series for viewers ages 15 to 34. McCain will star and serve as executive producer for the show, which debuts Sept. 14.
The 28-year-old author and blogger told the Television Critics Association last week that the show lets her "be crazy, be myself and talk about issues."
"I came to Pivot because I think there has to be some sort of middle ground between the Kardashians and C-SPAN," McCain said. "I want to give people information but not talk down to them. I am so excited. This is the best thing I've ever done."
McCain said her 76-year-old father, Republican Sen. John McCain, has already seen a highlight reel of her show.
"We have had conflicts many times. He did not love when I worked at MSNBC," she said. "He has really been a great champion of this show and believing that young people want more substance."
The younger McCain, who is also a Republican, calls her generation the most politically engaged.
"I believe in more than this country is being given in news and entertainment," she said.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.