Meghan McCain gets own show on new TV network
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Meghan McCain is getting her own show on a new TV network targeting the generation of Americans known as millennials.
"Raising McCain" will debut on Pivot, a general entertainment network that launches Aug. 1. It's described as a documentary-talk series for viewers ages 15 to 34. McCain will star and serve as executive producer for the show, which debuts Sept. 14.
The 28-year-old author and blogger told the Television Critics Association last week that the show lets her "be crazy, be myself and talk about issues."
"I came to Pivot because I think there has to be some sort of middle ground between the Kardashians and C-SPAN," McCain said. "I want to give people information but not talk down to them. I am so excited. This is the best thing I've ever done."
McCain said her 76-year-old father, Republican Sen. John McCain, has already seen a highlight reel of her show.
"We have had conflicts many times. He did not love when I worked at MSNBC," she said. "He has really been a great champion of this show and believing that young people want more substance."
The younger McCain, who is also a Republican, calls her generation the most politically engaged.
"I believe in more than this country is being given in news and entertainment," she said.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!