Meghan McCain gets own show on new TV network
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Meghan McCain is getting her own show on a new TV network targeting the generation of Americans known as millennials.
"Raising McCain" will debut on Pivot, a general entertainment network that launches Aug. 1. It's described as a documentary-talk series for viewers ages 15 to 34. McCain will star and serve as executive producer for the show, which debuts Sept. 14.
The 28-year-old author and blogger told the Television Critics Association last week that the show lets her "be crazy, be myself and talk about issues."
"I came to Pivot because I think there has to be some sort of middle ground between the Kardashians and C-SPAN," McCain said. "I want to give people information but not talk down to them. I am so excited. This is the best thing I've ever done."
McCain said her 76-year-old father, Republican Sen. John McCain, has already seen a highlight reel of her show.
"We have had conflicts many times. He did not love when I worked at MSNBC," she said. "He has really been a great champion of this show and believing that young people want more substance."
The younger McCain, who is also a Republican, calls her generation the most politically engaged.
"I believe in more than this country is being given in news and entertainment," she said.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.