Lee Pace, Jamie Bell to star in new AMC dramas
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - AMC says it has ordered two new dramas that are expected to debut in 2014.
The cable channel said Friday that "Halt & Catch Fire" is set in the early 1980s and looks at the personal computing explosion through the eyes of a visionary engineer. It stars Lee Pace of TV's "Pushing Daisies" and the film "Lincoln."
The other drama, "Turn," is based on the book "Washington's Spies" by historian Alexander Rose. It stars Jamie Bell of the movie "Billy Elliot" and "King Kong."
"Turn" is set in 1778 and tells the story of a New York farmer who joins a group of spies fighting for American independence.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.