Wife of 85-year-old ex-Louisiana governor in labor
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has gone into labor.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
On Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page was a post: "Eli's coming!!!!"
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it is the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme to rig riverboat casino licenses.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.