Wife of 85-year-old ex-Louisiana governor in labor
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has gone into labor.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
On Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page was a post: "Eli's coming!!!!"
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it is the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme to rig riverboat casino licenses.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.