Wife of 85-year-old ex-Louisiana governor in labor
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has gone into labor.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
On Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page was a post: "Eli's coming!!!!"
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it is the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme to rig riverboat casino licenses.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!