Wife of 85-year-old ex-Louisiana governor in labor
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has gone into labor.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
On Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page was a post: "Eli's coming!!!!"
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it is the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme to rig riverboat casino licenses.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.