Wife of 85-year-old ex-Louisiana governor in labor
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has gone into labor.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
On Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page was a post: "Eli's coming!!!!"
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it is the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme to rig riverboat casino licenses.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.