Kathy Bates happy being part of FX's 'Horror'
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Kathy Bates says she's thrilled to be a regular on FX's "American Horror Story."
It's almost good enough to rid her of the bad taste from her previous stint on series TV.
Even so, she told reporters at a Television Critics Association session on Friday that she's got a bone to pick with NBC, which cancelled "Harry's Law" last season after a two-year run.
Bates said NBC "kicked us to the curb."
Things are happier on her current project, which just began shooting in New Orleans.
The Oscar-winning Bates plays Madame LaLaurie, a real-life 19th-Century Louisiana socialite and serial killer. She co-stars with Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange, who plays a witch.
"American Horror Story: Coven" premieres in October.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.