Kathy Bates happy being part of FX's 'Horror'
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Kathy Bates says she's thrilled to be a regular on FX's "American Horror Story."
It's almost good enough to rid her of the bad taste from her previous stint on series TV.
Even so, she told reporters at a Television Critics Association session on Friday that she's got a bone to pick with NBC, which cancelled "Harry's Law" last season after a two-year run.
Bates said NBC "kicked us to the curb."
Things are happier on her current project, which just began shooting in New Orleans.
The Oscar-winning Bates plays Madame LaLaurie, a real-life 19th-Century Louisiana socialite and serial killer. She co-stars with Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange, who plays a witch.
"American Horror Story: Coven" premieres in October.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.