Kathy Bates happy being part of FX's 'Horror'
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Kathy Bates says she's thrilled to be a regular on FX's "American Horror Story."
It's almost good enough to rid her of the bad taste from her previous stint on series TV.
Even so, she told reporters at a Television Critics Association session on Friday that she's got a bone to pick with NBC, which cancelled "Harry's Law" last season after a two-year run.
Bates said NBC "kicked us to the curb."
Things are happier on her current project, which just began shooting in New Orleans.
The Oscar-winning Bates plays Madame LaLaurie, a real-life 19th-Century Louisiana socialite and serial killer. She co-stars with Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange, who plays a witch.
"American Horror Story: Coven" premieres in October.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.