'Lost' star Andrews relishes 'Wonderland' change
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Naveen Andrews says he welcomed the transition from a movie about Princess Diana to a TV series inspired by "Alice in Wonderland."
The former "Lost" star plays the villainous Jafar in ABC's fall series "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland." In the upcoming big-screen "Diana," starring Naomi Watts, Andrews plays love interest Dr. Hasnat Khan.
Andrews said that after "Diana" the "Wonderland" TV series offered a chance to do something completely different that, as he put it, isn't "bound in space and time." He spoke Sunday to the Television Critics Association.
"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" stars Sophie Lowe as a young woman who escapes Victorian England down the fabled rabbit hole in search of adventure and love. It debuts Oct. 10.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.