Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 2:56 pm
Arizona State, LSU looking to reschedule football series
According to The Times-Picayune, the games were set to be played at Tiger Stadium in 2015 and then Sun Devil Stadium in 2016, but LSU is already scheduled to play Wisconsin in 2016 and does not want to face ASU that same season.
So, the plan is to push back -- not cancel -- the series, with the games to be played at a later date.
Incidentally, this is not the first time this series has been rescheduled. The games were originally meant to be played in 2005 in Baton Rouge and 2008 in Tempe, but Hurricane Katrina caused the '05 matchup to be played at Sun Devil Stadium. LSU won the game 35-31, but the plan from there was to play again, only this time in back-to-back seasons.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.