Source: Jennifer Lopez deal with 'Idol' imminent
NEW YORK (AP) - A person familiar with negotiations to bring Jennifer Lopez back as an "American Idol" judge says her return will be announced this week.
The person said Monday that a deal is close to being signed with Lopez, who was an "Idol" judge for the 2011 and 2012 seasons. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The person says Lopez decided to rejoin the show because its production schedule will allow her to spend more time with her children, 5-year-old twins Emme and Max.
Lopez will join returning judge Keith Urban and a third person who hasn't been announced.
Fox has declined to comment on whether Lopez is joining "American Idol" and did not immediately respond to another request for comment Monday.
Lopez's agent did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
AP Television Writer Lynn Elber in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Todd Graham on ASU's first day of practice: 'We couldn't have been any better'
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.