Source: Jennifer Lopez deal with 'Idol' imminent
NEW YORK (AP) - A person familiar with negotiations to bring Jennifer Lopez back as an "American Idol" judge says her return will be announced this week.
The person said Monday that a deal is close to being signed with Lopez, who was an "Idol" judge for the 2011 and 2012 seasons. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The person says Lopez decided to rejoin the show because its production schedule will allow her to spend more time with her children, 5-year-old twins Emme and Max.
Lopez will join returning judge Keith Urban and a third person who hasn't been announced.
Fox has declined to comment on whether Lopez is joining "American Idol" and did not immediately respond to another request for comment Monday.
Lopez's agent did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
AP Television Writer Lynn Elber in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.