Updated Aug 23, 2013 - 3:23 pm
'MasterChef' open casting call to be held in Phoenix
Culinary artists, get ready to bring your A-game.
The Fox series "MasterChef" will be holding an open casting call in Phoenix on Oct. 5, 2013, the show's website says.
This will be an opportunity for Valley residents to show off their culinary skills and get a chance to be on the fifth season of the show, which boasts Gordon Ramsay among its judges.
The show's website has very specific directions for how to approach the competition.
You MUST bring one prepared dish to be served to the judges. You will be given a few minutes to plate your dish at the casting call location, but there will NOT be a kitchen to cook or warm your dish up so come prepared!
"MasterChef" hopefuls must also preregister and bring a completed application, found here, to the casting call.
The Phoenix stop, as well as one in New Orleans on the same day, will be the first in a series of casting calls for Season 5. If Ramsay makes an appearance at the open call in Phoenix, it will be his first time in the Valley since he tried to revamp Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale for the network's "Kitchen Nightmares" series.
The location of the Phoenix open call has yet to be disclosed.
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.