Updated Aug 23, 2013 - 3:23 pm
'MasterChef' open casting call to be held in Phoenix
Culinary artists, get ready to bring your A-game.
The Fox series "MasterChef" will be holding an open casting call in Phoenix on Oct. 5, 2013, the show's website says.
This will be an opportunity for Valley residents to show off their culinary skills and get a chance to be on the fifth season of the show, which boasts Gordon Ramsay among its judges.
The show's website has very specific directions for how to approach the competition.
You MUST bring one prepared dish to be served to the judges. You will be given a few minutes to plate your dish at the casting call location, but there will NOT be a kitchen to cook or warm your dish up so come prepared!
"MasterChef" hopefuls must also preregister and bring a completed application, found here, to the casting call.
The Phoenix stop, as well as one in New Orleans on the same day, will be the first in a series of casting calls for Season 5. If Ramsay makes an appearance at the open call in Phoenix, it will be his first time in the Valley since he tried to revamp Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale for the network's "Kitchen Nightmares" series.
The location of the Phoenix open call has yet to be disclosed.
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!