'Law and Order: SVU' episode to feature characters resembling Trayvon Martin, Paula Deen
An upcoming episode of "Law and Order: SVU" will feature characters that closely resemble Trayvon Martin and Paula Deen, and one character will shoot the other, according to The Wrap.
In the episode, a female celebrity chef will shoot a hoodie-wearing, unarmed black male teenager who appears to be following her.
Cybill Shepherd will star as the Deen-esque celebrity chef Jolene Castille, who claims self-defense, saying that she'd heard police were on the hunt for a rapist who fit the victim's description.
Martin was shot and killed by volunteer neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman after a confrontation in February 2012. Zimmerman, claiming self defense, was acquitted in a much-publicized trial earlier this year.
Deen rose to fame as a Food Network star, but had the station and many of her sponsors sever ties with her after she revealed in a June lawsuit deposition that she had used the N-word in the past around employees.
The "Law and Order" episode that involves Martin- and Deen-like characters will air in October on NBC.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!