Updated Sep 3, 2013 - 9:53 am
Former UA, ASU standouts among those cut by NFL teams
Unfortunately, local products from Arizona and Arizona State were not immune to business side of the game.
Kerry Taylor (Cardinals), Colin Parker (Cardinals) Gerell Robinson (Broncos), Brandon Magee (Cowboys), Lawrence Guy (Colts), Garth Gerhart (Packers), Deveron Carr (Buccaneers), Rashad Ross (Titans), Ryan Torain (Giants) and Brandon Smith (Packers).
Magee has since been claimed off of waivers by the Cleveland Browns, while Carr and Ross were signed to the practice squads of the teams that initially released them.
Taylor, who was let go by Bruce Arians and Co. Saturday, was also signed to the Cardinals' practice squad Monday.
Spencer Larsen (Buccaneers), Ricky Elmore (Redskins), Colin Baxter (Chargers), Trevin Wade (Browns), Mike Thomas (Cardinals), Dan Buckner (Cardinals), Fendi Onobun (Bears), Matt Scott (Jaguars) and David Douglas (Buccaneers).
Scott and Onobun were signed to their teams' respective practice squads.
D'Aundre Reed (Vikings) and Chris Gronkowski (Chargers) were also waived/put on IR by their respective teams.
Onubun was also later signed to Chicago's practice squad.
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.