Updated Sep 5, 2013 - 3:06 pm
Report: Arizona State football administrator placed on leave after domestic assault charges
The report states Morris was charged with felony aggravated assault-serious physical injury and felony domestic violence-impeded breathing.
Police documents said Morris is suspected of choking his wife, Erica, from behind and lifting her off the ground. He also is suspected of punching her twice.
The couple's fight was broken up by Erica's adult son, Romel Streit.
According to the report, Chandler Police say Morris was arrested on Aug. 29 and was later released on bond.
"We have put a football staff employee on administrative leave pending the outcome of a review of the facts in the case," Arizona State athletic department spokesman Mark Brand said Thursday.
This is Morris' first season with the Sun Devils after spending the last six as the director of player personnel for LSU.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.