Updated Sep 5, 2013 - 3:06 pm
Report: Arizona State football administrator placed on leave after domestic assault charges
The report states Morris was charged with felony aggravated assault-serious physical injury and felony domestic violence-impeded breathing.
Police documents said Morris is suspected of choking his wife, Erica, from behind and lifting her off the ground. He also is suspected of punching her twice.
The couple's fight was broken up by Erica's adult son, Romel Streit.
According to the report, Chandler Police say Morris was arrested on Aug. 29 and was later released on bond.
"We have put a football staff employee on administrative leave pending the outcome of a review of the facts in the case," Arizona State athletic department spokesman Mark Brand said Thursday.
This is Morris' first season with the Sun Devils after spending the last six as the director of player personnel for LSU.
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition