Updated Sep 5, 2013 - 3:06 pm
Report: Arizona State football administrator placed on leave after domestic assault charges
The report states Morris was charged with felony aggravated assault-serious physical injury and felony domestic violence-impeded breathing.
Police documents said Morris is suspected of choking his wife, Erica, from behind and lifting her off the ground. He also is suspected of punching her twice.
The couple's fight was broken up by Erica's adult son, Romel Streit.
According to the report, Chandler Police say Morris was arrested on Aug. 29 and was later released on bond.
"We have put a football staff employee on administrative leave pending the outcome of a review of the facts in the case," Arizona State athletic department spokesman Mark Brand said Thursday.
This is Morris' first season with the Sun Devils after spending the last six as the director of player personnel for LSU.
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!