Updated Sep 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Wisconsin A.D. Alvarez has 'great deal of respect' for Arizona State's Graham
"I think Todd's done a very nice job with teaching his system, implementing his system," Alvarez told Arizona Sports 620's Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta Wednesday. "I think the players that he inherited sure seem to fit the type of system that he wants to run."
Alvarez noted the two programs' differences in style, with Wisconsin known for its power running offense while the Sun Devils prefer a speedier attack. He complimented ASU's skill players, who are succeeding under Graham's style, while adding that the coach has done a good job recruiting in his short time in the desert.
Graham has brought a no-nonsense attitude into the program since taking over as head coach in December 2011. He came in with the intent of playing disciplined football, and in his first season cut the team's penalties nearly in half. That might be what has drawn the admiration of Alvarez.
"I've got a great deal of respect for him and the type of program he runs," Alvarez said, adding he appreciates the the style of play Graham employs.
Wisconsin enters the game #20 in the AP poll. ASU received 64 points, placing them one spot outside the Top 25. The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!