Updated Sep 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Wisconsin A.D. Alvarez has 'great deal of respect' for Arizona State's Graham
"I think Todd's done a very nice job with teaching his system, implementing his system," Alvarez told Arizona Sports 620's Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta Wednesday. "I think the players that he inherited sure seem to fit the type of system that he wants to run."
Alvarez noted the two programs' differences in style, with Wisconsin known for its power running offense while the Sun Devils prefer a speedier attack. He complimented ASU's skill players, who are succeeding under Graham's style, while adding that the coach has done a good job recruiting in his short time in the desert.
Graham has brought a no-nonsense attitude into the program since taking over as head coach in December 2011. He came in with the intent of playing disciplined football, and in his first season cut the team's penalties nearly in half. That might be what has drawn the admiration of Alvarez.
"I've got a great deal of respect for him and the type of program he runs," Alvarez said, adding he appreciates the the style of play Graham employs.
Wisconsin enters the game #20 in the AP poll. ASU received 64 points, placing them one spot outside the Top 25. The game kicks off at 7:30 p.m.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?
- ASU Fork Report featuring Randall McDaniel - Wednesday June 11What is it like being in the NFL Hall of Fame?