Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen discusses ASU fiasco
As far as the coach is concerned, his team got the short end of the stick when the officials seemed to lose control of the situation, allowing the clock to run out before the Badgers could attempt a game-winning field goal.
The Pac-12 released a statement about the ordeal, saying it has reprimanded the referees who were involved, but that does not change the outcome of the game.
The coach spoke about it all during his weekly press conference Monday, and here is some of what he said.
Andersen: "At the end of the game... bottom line is we're looking for accountability & the opportunity to let kids finish the game" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen on end of game: "It's thought-out. It's a process. It's practiced many times. We handled it well. There was 18 seconds left"— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen on Stave's kneel-down at ASU: "Let's make it clear. He took a knee. By rule, he doesn't have to take a knee" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen: "Putting the ball on ground is to allow the officials to get the ball spotted quicker" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen: "This was different. You can't say we had a chance to execute and we didn't" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
Andersen on Pac-12 statement: "It's accountability, which at the end of the day is what we asked for" #Badgers— Badger Football (@BadgerFootball) September 16, 2013
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition