Updated Sep 17, 2013 - 7:15 pm
Wisconsin State Journal publishes ASU-themed cartoon
In case you've somehow missed the multitude of opinions on the game's final 18 seconds over the past few days (like this one, this one or this one), Wisconsin attempted to center the ball for would-be game-winning field goal attempt. But after Badger quarterback Joel Stave took a knee in the center of the field, he set the ball down, and a pair of ASU defenders jumped on the ball — either thinking it was a fumble or trying to delay the officials from spotting the ball and allowing Stave to spike it and stop the clock.
Regardless of what their intentions were, the clock ran out before the referees were able to get the ball spotted, securing a 32-30 ASU win.
The Wisconsin State Journal — the largest newspaper in Madison, Wisc. — is also apparently upset about the ending, as evidenced by this cartoon that ran in the paper's Monday edition.
Pac-12 Officiating Coordinator Tony Corrente told the Pac-12 Networks that the play "didn't meet the standard of what we expect from our officials."
It's safe to say that the State Journal feels the same way.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.