Updated Sep 17, 2013 - 7:15 pm
Wisconsin State Journal publishes ASU-themed cartoon
In case you've somehow missed the multitude of opinions on the game's final 18 seconds over the past few days (like this one, this one or this one), Wisconsin attempted to center the ball for would-be game-winning field goal attempt. But after Badger quarterback Joel Stave took a knee in the center of the field, he set the ball down, and a pair of ASU defenders jumped on the ball either thinking it was a fumble or trying to delay the officials from spotting the ball and allowing Stave to spike it and stop the clock.
Regardless of what their intentions were, the clock ran out before the referees were able to get the ball spotted, securing a 32-30 ASU win.
The Wisconsin State Journal the largest newspaper in Madison, Wisc. is also apparently upset about the ending, as evidenced by this cartoon that ran in the paper's Monday edition.
Pac-12 Officiating Coordinator Tony Corrente told the Pac-12 Networks that the play "didn't meet the standard of what we expect from our officials."
It's safe to say that the State Journal feels the same way.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.