Updated Sep 18, 2013 - 2:45 pm
Arizona State, Todd Graham agree to contract extension
The deal will run through 2018, and it is set to be voted on by the Arizona Board of Regents on Friday, Sep. 27.
The new terms mean Graham's salary will increase from $2.05 million to $2.3 million on July 1. From there, he will make $2.4 million in 2014, $2.5 million in 2015 and $2.6 million in 2016. His salary will increase by $50,000 annually from there.
There are other performance-based bonuses available to the coach.
Among the reasons cited for the contract extension by ASU are Graham's on-field success, where he guided the team to an 8-5 record in his first year, as well as the academic improvement the team has shown under his watch.
Other terms of the agreement are that the school can fire Graham without cause, though would have to pay his annual salary for the remainder of the contract term if it does. Conversely, if Graham elects to leave for another job, a $1.5 million buyout must be satisfied. That number drops to $1 million if at any point there are four or fewer years remaining on the contract.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.