Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 8:39 am
ASU's loss to Stanford: By the numbers
In a game marked by multiple scoring spurts, take a look back at ASU's 42-28 loss by the numbers.
0: The Sun Devils couldn't muster any sort of offensive attack in the first half and found themselves without a single point on the scoreboard after thirty minutes of play.
1:Marion Grice (No. 1) recorded his seventh and eighth touchdowns of the season with a two-yard scamper in the third quarter and a six-yard scoring reception in the fourth quarter. Dating back to last season, Grice has 14 touchdowns in his last six games.
2:ASU had two punts blocked -- one off the foot of punter Matt Haack and one of the foot of quarterback Taylor Kelly -- in Palo Alto. The two blocks directly led to nine Stanford points.
4:Quarterback Taylor Kelly threw multiple interceptions for the fourth time in his collegiate career. Kelly's last pick, however, came on a Hail Mary heave at the end of the game.
5:With Saturday's loss, Todd Graham moved to 5-5 in Pac-12 play as ASU's head coach.
19:Since Oct. 2002, ASU has lost 19 straight games against top 10 teams.
21:Down 39-7 entering the fourth quarter, the Sun Devils put together a spirited rally scoring the first 21 points of the final frame on three passing touchdowns.
29Stanford's 29 points in the first half was the most by an ASU opponent since Oregon put up 43 in last season's 22-point blowout over the Sun Devils.
168The legend of Jaelen Strong continues to grow in Tempe and with good reason. Saturday, the sophomore caught 12 balls for 168 yards and a touchdown. By himself, Strong had more receiving yards than the entire Stanford team.
417:Despite never getting within single digits in the second half, ASU amassed more yardage than Stanford -- 417 to 391.
2010:The last time ASU lost its Pac-12 opener was Sept. 25, 2010 against the Oregon Ducks. That season, the Sun Devils finished 6-6.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?