Updated Sep 22, 2013 - 8:39 am
ASU's loss to Stanford: By the numbers
In a game marked by multiple scoring spurts, take a look back at ASU's 42-28 loss by the numbers.
0: The Sun Devils couldn't muster any sort of offensive attack in the first half and found themselves without a single point on the scoreboard after thirty minutes of play.
1:Marion Grice (No. 1) recorded his seventh and eighth touchdowns of the season with a two-yard scamper in the third quarter and a six-yard scoring reception in the fourth quarter. Dating back to last season, Grice has 14 touchdowns in his last six games.
2:ASU had two punts blocked -- one off the foot of punter Matt Haack and one of the foot of quarterback Taylor Kelly -- in Palo Alto. The two blocks directly led to nine Stanford points.
4:Quarterback Taylor Kelly threw multiple interceptions for the fourth time in his collegiate career. Kelly's last pick, however, came on a Hail Mary heave at the end of the game.
5:With Saturday's loss, Todd Graham moved to 5-5 in Pac-12 play as ASU's head coach.
19:Since Oct. 2002, ASU has lost 19 straight games against top 10 teams.
21:Down 39-7 entering the fourth quarter, the Sun Devils put together a spirited rally scoring the first 21 points of the final frame on three passing touchdowns.
29Stanford's 29 points in the first half was the most by an ASU opponent since Oregon put up 43 in last season's 22-point blowout over the Sun Devils.
168The legend of Jaelen Strong continues to grow in Tempe and with good reason. Saturday, the sophomore caught 12 balls for 168 yards and a touchdown. By himself, Strong had more receiving yards than the entire Stanford team.
417:Despite never getting within single digits in the second half, ASU amassed more yardage than Stanford -- 417 to 391.
2010:The last time ASU lost its Pac-12 opener was Sept. 25, 2010 against the Oregon Ducks. That season, the Sun Devils finished 6-6.
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.