Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 4:52 pm
Arizona State defense hit by the injury bug
Head coach Todd Graham announced Tuesday that senior defensive end Junior Onyeali and freshman linebacker Chans Cox will miss the remainder of the season with shoulder injuries. Additionally, freshman linebacker Alani Latu will probably miss the season with a serious ankle injury.
Onyeali had yet to register any stats in the Sun Devils' three games this season. In his career, the senior from Denver has 32 total tackles, 23 tackles for loss and 17.5 quarterback sacks. He was named the Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2010.
Cox, who came to ASU from Blue Ridge High School in Lakeside, was considered one of the jewels of the Sun Devils' 2013 recruiting class. The 240-pound freshman had yet to play in a game this season.
Latu, also a member of the 2013 recruiting class, registered one tackle in ASU's win over Wisconsin Sept. 14.
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.