Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 4:52 pm
Arizona State defense hit by the injury bug
Head coach Todd Graham announced Tuesday that senior defensive end Junior Onyeali and freshman linebacker Chans Cox will miss the remainder of the season with shoulder injuries. Additionally, freshman linebacker Alani Latu will probably miss the season with a serious ankle injury.
Onyeali had yet to register any stats in the Sun Devils' three games this season. In his career, the senior from Denver has 32 total tackles, 23 tackles for loss and 17.5 quarterback sacks. He was named the Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2010.
Cox, who came to ASU from Blue Ridge High School in Lakeside, was considered one of the jewels of the Sun Devils' 2013 recruiting class. The 240-pound freshman had yet to play in a game this season.
Latu, also a member of the 2013 recruiting class, registered one tackle in ASU's win over Wisconsin Sept. 14.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice stars for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?