ASU head coach Todd Graham will relish homecoming trip
A Texan, born and bred, Graham told media gathered in Tempe Thursday that he's looking forward to the homecoming.
"It really means a lot to me," he said.
The coach grew up a little more than 30 miles from Arlington's AT&T Stadium, in Mesquite, Texas. And the stadium, of course, is home to the Dallas Cowboys, the team Graham grew up rooting for.
In 1988, Graham's coaching career began as an assistant with a high school in his hometown. Then, after a couple of stops in Oklahoma, he returned to the lonestar state to coach more high school football in Allen, Texas.
His last stint in his home state came at Rice University in Houston -- the run that preceded his seasons at Tulsa, then Pittsburgh.
Graham, who took the head coaching opening with the Sun Devils in December of 2011, will have something of a reunion at AT&T Stadium on Saturday, he says.
"My middle school coach, my high school coach, my mom and obviously my brothers and my siblings are all going to be there," he said, "and that's the first time I've ever had that in my entire coaching career.
"So it means a lot. I want to do well."
His team, which climbed to the No. 22 spot in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll after its rout of USC last weekend, is on the back end of a difficult four-game stretch which included contests versus Wisconsin, Stanford and USC.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.