Halle Berry to star in CBS series next summer
NEW YORK (AP) - CBS says Halle Berry will star in a serialized drama coming to the network next summer.
The Oscar-winning actress will headline "Extant," a 13-episode thriller. Berry will play an astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that change the course of history.
The series is being made in partnership with Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television, which made last summer's surprise hit for CBS, "Under the Dome." CBS announced "Extant" in August.
CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said Berry is the type of actress "you dream of collaborating with for an event project such as `Extant.'"
The 47-year-old Berry won an Oscar in 2002 for her starring role in "Monster's Ball."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.