Miley Cyrus rules 'SNL' as host and musical guest
NEW YORK (AP) - Miley Cyrus cautioned viewers she wouldn't be twerking on "Saturday Night Live."
But she commanded the stage on this week's edition of the NBC sketch comedy show, serving as both host and musical guest.
And she did some shimmying as an over-sexed Congresswoman Michele Bachmann in a parody video about the government shutdown.
Cyrus seized attention and criticism in August for her sexually charged MTV Video Music Awards performance, which featured the singer in scanty garb while exhibiting suggestive twerking gyrations.
During Saturday's open, Cyrus made sport of the hubbub surrounding her racy display. She joked that she used to think twerking was cool but changed her mind now that white people are doing it.
Besides participating in several sketches, she performed two songs.
Her album "Bangerz" is out Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.