Updated Oct 11, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Report: ASU could play Texas A&M in Houston in 2015
ASU will host New Mexico and Cal Poly in Tempe two years from now, but that leaves a slot open for another non-conference affair.
CBS Sports is reporting that Texas A&M will host a season kickoff game at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2015, and that the Sun Devils could be on the other sideline.
A member of the ASU football staff said Friday the coaches had talked about the 2015 game in Houston as part of their recruiting efforts in the state under second-year coach Todd Graham, who is from the Dallas suburb of Mesquite. Arizona State lost 37-34 to Notre Dame last week in Cowboys Stadium.
The article, written by Jeremy Fowler, does also quote associate athletic director Mark Brand, who said, "Our schedule for 2015 is not complete yet. We are working on it and future schedules."
Arizona State and Texas A&M have never met on the gridiron, but the Sun Devils are 3-9 all-time against current members of the SEC.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?