Updated Oct 11, 2013 - 3:45 pm
Report: ASU could play Texas A&M in Houston in 2015
ASU will host New Mexico and Cal Poly in Tempe two years from now, but that leaves a slot open for another non-conference affair.
CBS Sports is reporting that Texas A&M will host a season kickoff game at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2015, and that the Sun Devils could be on the other sideline.
A member of the ASU football staff said Friday the coaches had talked about the 2015 game in Houston as part of their recruiting efforts in the state under second-year coach Todd Graham, who is from the Dallas suburb of Mesquite. Arizona State lost 37-34 to Notre Dame last week in Cowboys Stadium.
The article, written by Jeremy Fowler, does also quote associate athletic director Mark Brand, who said, "Our schedule for 2015 is not complete yet. We are working on it and future schedules."
Arizona State and Texas A&M have never met on the gridiron, but the Sun Devils are 3-9 all-time against current members of the SEC.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!